Spring has sprung and pedi season is upon us. Keep your toes in tip-top shape for as long as possible with these simple steps:
- Opt for platform heels over flat sandals or flip flops. Flat sandals allow dirt and cracks to appear on heels and keep your feet from getting the right support.
- Moisturize daily. This wards off calluses as well as keeps skin and cuticles hydrated, which in turn keeps your pedicure looking nice for a longer time.
- Even though you should moisturize daily, don’t use scented lotion on your toes. Synthetic fragrances have been known to make nail polish crack. If you like to use a scent, essential oils are a better choice.
- Mind your drying time. Yes, it’s hard to sit around the salon when there are other errands to be done and/or fun to be had once you get out that door, but leaving too soon could mean you’re coming back to see us for another pedicure sooner than need be. Allow at least 20 minutes for drying in the salon, and try to avoid closed-toe shoes for around 12 hours.
- You’ll also want to avoid water (especially hot water) for around 12 hours since it takes that long for the polish to fully harden. Jumping in the hot tub or a relaxing bath before that 12 hours is up increases the chance of ruining your pedi.
- Reapply a top coat every couple days. This prevents your polish from chipping and keeps your toes looking fresh!